Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Rustic Decor Additions for Wyoming

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you have followed my blog for any time you know that our family has a place in windy Wyoming. It's been in the family for many years, and the Flying X Ranch holds a dear place in my heart.  We have had our place up there for about seven or eight years now, and quite frankly it needed some rustic decor to spruce up the place.  I've had these ideas for a year or two, but up until now I've not done anything about it.  We are ready to start heading back up there again this summer, and I thought it was time to add some decor to make it feel like a home away from home.


Here's how everything turned out!



The window with barbed wire was originally my mother-in-law's idea.  She gave it to me, and all it needed was a little bit of work to put it back together.


Who knew there were some many different types of barbed wire they used over the years?


Using staples and small finish nails, I reattached the barbed wire to the window frame.


Doing one of my most favorite things these days, I made two pallet wood boards for my deer and elk silhouettes and one for the antlers as well.  Painted the silhouettes on, and wallah instant rustic decor.


Last but not least we need to attach the antlers to the board.


I drilled a hole through each antler for my screw to go through.


Then I saved the drill hole shavings, mixed them with a little bit of glue, and filled in the screw holes on the antlers.


Can't wait to open up our place in a few weeks, and show you how they look hanging up!

















No comments