Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Last 5% is in

The weather in Colorado this year is just crazy.  With a high of 65 degrees and a flood advisory in place for a portion of the weekend, more rain is on the way.  Trying to get the last 5% of my garden planted has been a tough go.  Last week I used my sprouting method to get my pumpkins going so I could plant them this week.  We relaxed over the weekend at our place near Wheatland, WY, and I was ready to plants these sprouts once we got back this week.  One more problem besides the weather, the place I purchase my dirt for my raised beds didn't have any.  Due to the weather as well, they are behind on making it.  So I had to improvise where I put the rest of my veggies, because my big garden without dirt in the raised beds is no good.

The front flower bed was the only place I had left with dirt to put in my veggies. This has been a big project to beautify the front of the house, and it's not quite full of flowers just yet, perfect space for the veggies, sort of.


These guys were so ready to get into the ground.  Planted the white pumpkin, a large pumpkin, and of coarse the knotty pumpkin.


Still have to figure out how to keep the deer away, and build them a trellis to grow up instead of out, but there in.



Finished it off by planting zucchini, yellow squash, and green beans.










Hopefully by the time the second round of planting happens later in the summer for the fall harvest, the big garden will have dirt in its raised beds, and ready to take a few plants.  Cross your fingers!



No comments