Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

We Just Need Some Home Decor There?!?

Have you ever stared at a space in your house, and thought this space needs something?  But what? I had just that space at the base of my stairs on the main level.  It needed something.  Well I finally did something about it, I built and installed a console table that was just exactly what this little space needed.

This table was super easy to create and even easier to install.




Here are the materials needed.  


To start out we first cut the stair tread to the length we wanted our table.  I had hubby help me with this cool power tool, the router.  We matched the finished edge that was on the front of the stair tread to the sides to give them the same finished look we wanted.


Next came assembly.  We cut the 1x4 and the molding to size, and attached them to the tread using wood glue and a brad nailer.


Next up we paint!  I use a sage green as the accent color in my main living space while I didn't want the table to be green, I wanted hints of green coming through.  So my first layer of paint was a sage green.  


After that layer drys, add the color you want the final finished product to look like, in this case I used an off-white color.


Don't forget the legs!


We sand!!  I took a small piece of 120 grit sandpaper to scuff up the surface and expose some of the green and the original wood especially at the corners.


Finally we are attaching the legs.  I used two L brackets for each leg, and then added a couple of brad nails to secure the legs to the 1x4 as well.



We attached it to the wall using a left over piece of 1x4, cut to fit the length of the table from molding to molding, and attached using screws that went into the studs.  We set the table on top of the 1x4 attached to the wall, and brad nailed it into place to secure the table to the 1x4.



Add the decorations of your choice, and you have changed that space from bland and empty to eye catching decor.  Hope this gives you a good idea for that space in your house that just needs something!



No comments