Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

First Planting

We have been working on the big dream garden for about 3 years now, and it's official we have our very first plantings!  I can't tell you how excited I am, it's finally all coming together.  Planted the garlic a week or so ago, and just this week we've added brussels sprouts, artichokes, broccoli, and cauliflower to the mix.  These guys like the colder weather so it's a great time to plant them.





Prepared our very first garden bed by keeping the chickens out!  This garden also serves as our protected free range space for our flock of 12 chickens, and they have been assisting me in getting these beds ready all winter by digging in the dirt and adding fertilizer naturally.


Planted half of my tray, other half which is cabbage is going in soon.


Second year of the artichoke crop, and am hoping for a bigger harvest this season.  Last year's small harvest was so tasty it's worth planing again.


Broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts next...


and then I lay down a good layer of straw to help protect my new seedlings as well as keep the soil moist, and provide over time some composting to the soil as well.  This has been the key to my success in the veggie garden.  It's work so well, I've done it to my flower gardens too.


Garlic went in last week with a little help from chickens.  It's already started popping up!


From this...

to this!  It's all coming together.  Come follow us, and discover what your home can be, from real estate, renovation, and recreating items around your house.   











No comments