Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Thanksgiving Prep Day 2

So I know I said today was my lightest day as far as work in the kitchen, but I don't think that I should have played hooky most of the day with my daughter.  I did manage to make the dough for both of the pies that I will be making on Wednesday, however the sourdough bread will get made tomorrow, but boy we had fun today!  I use a Martha Stewart recipe, she is probably one of my go to chef's for any occasion.  I have made her recipes untested for my biggest gatherings, and it has always turned out superb.  I cut the original recipe in half, and made two individual single crust pie doughs. Below is the single crust recipe size.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/4-1/2 cup ice water

I pulsed the flour, salt and sugar together.





Then I added the butter to the flour mixture









and pulsed it until it resembled a corn meal.







Then added the ice cold water to the butter mixture with the food processor running until the dough just came together.  Note:  The recipe calls for ice water, so I filled my measuring cup to the 1/2 cup mark, and then filled the water with ice which is why it looks like I have a lot of water.







Made it into a round disk, wrapped it up in plastic wrap, and will keep it in the refrigerator until I make the pies on Wednesday.






You can refrigerate it for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days, which is perfect for a little extra time on Wednesday when it gets busy in the kitchen.

Picking up my turkeys tomorrow, making the cranberry sauce, sourdough bread, and starting to put my thanksgiving table together.   Cant' wait till Thanksgiving!!



No comments