Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Creative Kids Birthday Basket

My niece just turned six this month, and I wanted to make her something special.  She is an on the go, playful, and creative kid, so what better than a gift to be creative, color, paint, and more.

 I think the finished product turned out perfect, and will be ready for whatever creative whim comes her way.
I started off by making some of the basket necessities.  The first was sparkling playdough.  I went to trusty Pinterest to find my recipe.  I found the one I liked the best...
Sparkling Playdough Recipe
I cut the recipe down to a quarter of it's original size.  I only needed a little bit, and I wanted different colors


Next the glitter slime.  This stuff is so cool, Elmer's glitter glue, water and borax.  Couldn't be easier to make, and more fun to play with.
Glitter Slime Recipe

Finally the homemade finger paint.  I used neon food dye to give it an extra pop of color.
Homemade Finger Paint Recipe
I went to my silhouette to create the labels for the tops of my jars, and used mod podge to attach the label.
I also made these clip art scenes on my computer.  Took them to an office supply store close by (Staples), and had them blow up my
 8 1/2 x 11 sheet to poster size.  I wanted my niece to be able to hang this on her wall, and color till her hearts content, and then have artwork for her room when she's done.
Purchased some crayons, markers, and an extra pack of paper.  One last thing to make it complete...
Found an old shirt at my local thrift store, got some iron-on letters to spell her name.  Now she's got a personalized shirt to get paint on, and no one needs to care!!
Can't wait to see what she creates.

3 comments

  1. What a great idea Kelli! You are so creative...I am sure she will be very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolene, Can't wait to see what she creates!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea Kelli! You are so creative...I am sure she will be very excited!

    ReplyDelete