Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Colorado Week

I did a Colorado theme last week and created a collage of all things Colorado which means a few new designs needed to be created to make this wall complete.



I just love the way this turned out.  I've been selling these signs in the shop for some time so I wanted to create a space to showcase how you to can create your own "Colorado" wall for your home.

I already had the CO triangle, Native sign, and Colorado flag which all scream Colorado, however we added the Mountains are Calling, HOME, and Explore signs because that's what we do here in Colorado we get out into the mountains and explore this state we call home.  I did think we needed a few other additions to make the wall complete.  So first up are the mountain peaks.



These peaks are simply a 2x8 cut to eight inches in height then draw the triangle and cut off the excess.  I stained them a dark walnut, and simply hand drew the snow peaks and painted them. 


Very easy!

I also wanted to fill in the blanks with the ski symbols as well as the Colorado Trail symbol while we love skiing can't leave out the summer hiking trails too.



Now we need to make sure the layout works.  I measured the space I had on the wall, and transferred that measurement to the space on the table so I had roughly the size I needed.


I ultimately used the whitewashed background for the Mountains are Calling sign, I just simply liked the way it looked with the other designs.


Now to add the wall hangers.




Now when you walk past your custom Colorado wall, it will be a reminder to get and explore!
Well get going!

No comments