Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

From Trash to Eiffel Tower Design Treasure

I've got one more Eiffel Tower idea to show you, and the "canvas" for our Eiffel Tower design was discovered in an uncommon place, salvage shopping.  I think I might have tripped over this old framed screen a time or two before an idea came about how to use it, and for a few dollars it was worth the purchase.  It was in good shape and a great color just needed a little cleaning up.




After using some soapy water and a cloth, it was ready for some character additions.


My daughter and I wanted a focal point above the bed, something that would frame the canopy bed concept we were trying to create for her room.


We found this fabric that she loved and have used throughout her room, and it picked up the pinks and reds we needed, but also brought in a blue-green color which made this screen ideal
 for this project.  



I already had a silhouette file of the Eiffel Tower that I used on the canvases, so I just needed to make it the right dimensions for the screen project.  I taped the cut stencil down on the screen using double sided tape, and it was ready for paint.


A leftover box was used to support the middle of the screen material while it was painted, and I simply applied black acrylic craft paint with a stenciling paint brush.

Turned out perfect.  Some of the screen holes were filled in with paint, I left a few of them plugged for a more hand-painted look.



Absolutely the perfect accent for above her bed, one last final touch is to add  the fabric to create a canopy style bed.  We're almost done!

No comments