Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

The Simplest of Tables

To say this project was simple is spot on and anyone can make it!  I needed a potting table in my tool shed with a place to keep all my pots, dirt, and tools plus give me a space to work and make a mess with not a care in the world about clean up.  Here's the finished product, come learn how easy this table really was.


The before and after is amazing, look at the usable space this table created.


I had this open wall with pots on the floor and gardening tools all over the place.  Some of my pots where in the garage, on the front porch, in the barn, everywhere but where they should be which is right here.  So organization here we come!


Here's the materials list for my project (for the complete list of all supplies see the end of the post).  4 (2 x 4) boards cut to 24 inches long to support my table top, attached to the wall using 2 1/2 inch screws at my desired height which in this case is 38 inches from the floor.  You can create the depth and height of the table to meet your needs and space.  


Next up the 4 x 4 posts cut to the height of our 2x4 supports attach everything together with screws and you can see a table coming together.  To finish off the front of the table I attach another 2 x 4, and screw it into each 2 x 4 support.  For the top of the table I used 2x6 boards 10 feet long and cut to size, and attached with screws to the supports underneath.


And in about 2 hours or less it's official I have a potting table, but now for the decorations!



You know me, we have to put a wood sign in there!  I had a client want a floral wreath for a sign she and I were designing, and this one missed the mark which happens from time to time, but from one mishap comes a treasure, it's the perfect backdrop for one of my favorite quotes.


It seemed the perfect place for this quote was in my garden potting shed.


Next up this old pile of wood in the garden (don't mind our weeds, a new raised garden bed is in the works for this space) became 


the perfect sized custom shelf to hold extra pots.




A couple of 2 x 4's and some well placed screws hold up all of the gardening tools in perfect organized fashion.


I even added a couple more wood signs to the outside of the coop/potting shed to finish off this quick and easy project.


And there you have it!  Using a couple of square and rectangular tins added a few more places to store our small gardening tools and some of our more irregular pots.  Finally a quick coat of exterior paint added to the top of the table for easier clean up of water and mud spills.  Who's ready for little fall planting, I know I am, and this is a space I will definitely like to work in!

Complete Materials and Tool List
  • 1 2x4 8 feet in length
  • 1 2x4 6 feet in length
  • 2 2x6 10 feet in length 
  • 1 4x4  6 feet in length
  • 2 1/2 inch screws
  • tape measure
  • drill
  • level

No comments