Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

A Chef's Paradise

Well maybe just this chef's paradise.  I can't begin to tell you how excited I am with our veggie garden this season.  It's been so much fun deciding on dinner every evening based upon the fresh produce the garden is producing.  Let me give you a look...




I started with the most exciting picture because these are the first ever grapes we've had in the garden, with very little hail this season it's been a bumper crop so far.



I've got a few new crops to the garden this year as well.  We have tried watermelons for the last couple of years, but this one is the largest we've had, usually they turn out to be super little and then the ants get them.  Not this year!  I also planted a carnival squash crop this season.  I saved these seeds from a squash that I turned into the best squash soup!



The leeks and San Marzano tomatoes are also a new crop this growing season.  I've fallen in love with the leek for its mild onion taste, and this particular variety of tomato makes the best marinara sauce which I will freeze and use throughout the winter months.




There are always the gold standards in my garden.  Every year we do cucumbers to make pickles (first batch came out of the kitchen this week), pumpkins for the fall decor, and there is nothing better than a pepper from your own garden,


Or eating green beans right off the vine.


A little friendly pollen competition among the bees with a grasshopper spectator.


We got some new chicks this year as well to add to our little flock, plus they are a new breed to the family as well.  The kids and I picked out some gold laced wyandottes and my are they beautiful birds.  We should expect them to start laying within the month.





From the outside paradise looking in!  ❤

No comments