Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Bake Sale!

It was bake sale week at my kids school, that means trying to find the time to bake plus all the other things that occur during the week.  I do however have a go to chocolate chip cookie recipe that is easy and allergy free for the most part.  I found this recipe when my son was younger and allergic to everything, dairy, eggs, peanuts.  How do you do baked goods without all those items right?

I stumbled across this recipe from Silk Soy Milk, and it is the easiest recipe.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar               
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
12oz chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars together, then add the soy milk and vanilla until combined.  Mix dry ingredients together, not chocolate chips yet.  Add to wet ingredients until combined (I usually add the dry ingredients in about 2 batches), then mix in your chocolate chips. Put unbaked cookies on baking sheets in the size of cookie you desire.  Bake for 13 minutes, or until done.  If you choose a larger cookie the baking will take a little longer.  Then cool on a wire rack.  I have a convection oven, which affords the ability to make 3 pans at one time, cuts down the time immensely!

I know what you're thinking, she used butter, a dairy product, but no.  We had to go searching for a butter spread that had no dairy, but still satisfied my need for no trans fats or hydrogenated anything.  We found Earth Balance natural buttery spread, which contains no dairy and no hydrogenated oils, etc.  Win, Win!!  You can however use butter or vegetable shortening, and they will turn out fine.

I have made these cookies into big ice cream sandwiches (son no longer allergic to dairy!) for birthday treats.  I've left out the chocolate chips to make a sugar cookie that my kids decorate with frosting and sprinkles.  This is a versatile recipe for what ever occasion you have.

I'm making a new recipe for the bake sale, butterscotch brownies, while not new in the baking world, new in mine, and I'll let you know how they come out!

Happy Baking
 -K-

No comments