Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Quick and Easy Bathroom Project

I've been wanting to decorate my kids' bathroom for some time, say like 5+ years.  Why haven't I you ask, no good reason other than this must have been the idea I was waiting for.  I wanted a sea theme for the bathroom, and this one is simple and easy.


Would you laugh if I told you I had the painter's tape up on the wall in preparation to paint for at least 4 months. Sometimes I'm not a super quick mover!  The color is silent night by Olympic paint.










I had some stencils that I purchased at a local craft store, but I wanted to use my silhouette, and cut them out on vinyl.  So I traced each stencil that I used, and scanned them into my computer, so I could load and trace them into my silhouette.

Cut out the shape I wanted, and removed the extra vinyl.













Covered the image with transfer paper














And positioned it on the glass that fit in the frame I bought.


















I used clear silicone around the edges of the glass to keep the glass in the frame.  I wanted to see the wall color from behind the frame so got rid of the frame back, and the silicone once dry keeps the glass in place.















Used a board from pallet wood that I had in the barn, and added hooks for towels.














The drift wood look is exactly what I was going for.
This project (besides the painting) took me maybe an hour, and was a quick and cute decoration for the bathroom.

No comments