Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Veggies Galore

Started planting a few more veggies and fruits to give them a head start before everything starts going into the ground.

So hear's what we have so far this season...

Cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, red and yellow onions, artichokes, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs.
So I wanted to give a few things some extra time to grow.  I could have just sowed these in the ground in a couple of weeks, but now I'll be ahead of the game a little.

Here's the method I use to sprout these little babies.  I take a paper towel, and get it damp, not dripping wet.  Place how ever many seeds you like on the damp towel.

Wrap them up in a little package, and place them in a labeled plastic baggie, and I just left them on my kitchen counter out of the way.

These cucumbers took about a week to burst out of their shells.  I like this method too because there are always some that don't sprout, and now you know which ones they are.
Took the little sprouts, and planted them in my homemade pots, and they officially have a great head start.
I did this with cucumbers, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, butternut squash, acorn squash, watermelon, and some decorative gourds.
The big new veggie garden is well underway. The perimeter is just about finished, and ready for a chicken coop build and raised beds.  Much work to go, but we are well on our way.

No comments