Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Happy New Year

Happy 2014!  I'm ready for this year to start, big plans, big plans.  But we also finished up 2013 with a whirlwind trip.  On a whim we went on a family trip to San Diego, CA.  My husband was off for the week, and sitting at home wasn't a good option.  So we left for a quick road trip, and decided the warmer beaches of San Diego were better suited for us cold Colorado folk.  The first leg of our trip brought us to Las Vegas, NV.  We got in relatively late, but did walk the strip the following morning.  There are definitely things that the kids should not see, but we managed to stop at a place that was just for them, the M&M store.
       Photo      Photo
After the kids each purchased an item, we were on our way to CA.  The beach was great for us colder folks, but the ocean was a little too chilly for the adults.  Didn't stop the kids from getting in!
 Photo      Photo
We also had to take in a location attraction, and we chose Sea World.  Took in the shows and the entertainment all day with gorgeous weather.

   Photo     Photo
We left the following day, and took a different route home, one that took us close to the US/Mexico border, and up to Albuquerque, NM where we spent the night on New Year's Eve.  Didn't make it to midnight, but that's OK!  By the time we got home, we just hit a small snow storm that finished off our trip, from the beach to the snow!

We ended 2013 with a bang, and now I'm ready for 2014.  Resolution time.  While I make New Year's resolutions every year, I did manage to keep one last year.  My goal was to run at least one race every month.  I managed to get in 10 last year, so now that I'm feeling successful, I'm going to do it again.  This time I'll hit 12 for sure.  Now it's time to start searching for Colorado races in 2014.  The good thing is there are so many, even if I get down to the wire, I can still find one!  I will have more resolutions to come!

Happy New Year
-K-

No comments