Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Window Project

My husband and I have done a few rebuilds in Denver within the past few years.  So we go in, buy an old house in the city, tear it down, and build a brand new structure in it's place.  The best thing is searching through these old houses before it gets torn down for treasures, and I have found a few!  One of my favorite finds was three old storm windows that were used in the winter to double up the original old windows in the house, and keep the heat in.  I've had them sitting in my basement for a year or two waiting for the perfect inspiration.  I found it.  I have seen silhouettes on Pinterest, and that got me thinking of the perfect idea for one window.  I wanted to paint a tree silhouette on one of these windows.


Final product!  I added the piece of furniture to finish it off and balance out the space!  I keep my piano music and kids' music there which needed a home, so it worked out great!

Here's How...

Taped poster board on the window with painters tape, and started drawing until I liked what I saw, as you can see I erased more than once.  Cut out the finished tree drawings, and taped it back down with double sided tape.


Painted it with permanent acrylic black paint and a paint brush.  Waited for it to dry, and took off the poster board stencil.


When I took off the stencil it still needed a little touching up.  I used an crafting knife, and scraped off the paint where I didn't like it, and then added some more details by hand with a paint brush.


Finished look!




Happy Creating
-K-

No comments