Colorado Inspired

Colorado Inspired
Colorado Inspired

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign

Winter Wonderland Wood Sign
Winter Wonderland

Valentine's Designs

Valentine's Designs
Valentine's Designs

Old Finds Create a Vintage Fireplace Mantel Design

I love my fireplace and then subsequently my fireplace mantel, however I have had the toughest time trying to figure out how to decorate it's huge space.  Well I took a look around my house and found some perfect items that fill up this mantel .



I love the way the size and scale of these pieces work with the space, and it turned out fabulous if I do say so myself!


The focal point of the whole look is the fresh eggs sign.  I couldn't figure out a way to place it so the arrow points to my chicken coop, so now it just points directly into the kitchen right at the refrigerator which of coarse is where the eggs are stored!!


Another great addition is the old milk box that had the original milk bottles inside.  We used it to hold up the fresh eggs sign to give it height, and an old window frame with glass is the backdrop to whole space.


We had a few old wooden crates which hold some of our old glass bottles from my grandmother's estate sale just perfectly.


Two more wooden crates on the upper shelf hold old glass soda bottles.


Back side


You might also notice the salvaged green seltzer bottle picked up during our latest treasure hunt.  What a perfect addition color and size to the mantel.  Finally a decor to match the scale of the space!

No comments